November 4, 2010

style profile

via  Us Weekly

via People


via  Us Weekly

After looking in my closet this morning and finding nothing but dismal options I am vowing to revamp my wardrobe for Fall/Winter - obviously, this will occur on a tight budget.  To find inspiration in what my purchases should be I've actually found it in certain celeb's styles - Rachel Bilson being one of them.  She's a girl that doesn't necessarily buck the trends, but portrays them in a subtle way juxtaposed with simple pieces.  I think that often times, I feel so overwhelmed by the onslaught of trends I can hardly think straight however, I need to take inventory of my closet and make sure that I've at least covered the basics: LBD, amazing skinnies, great multi-functional bag, flats I can run in for days around the office, etc and then maybe I can tackle the whole poncho and cape bananza that's taking over editorial.  

2 comments:

  1. So I read somewhere that grey jeans are in...is this true?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea why, but grey jeans conjures up images of Hilary Duff (seen here http://www.denimblog.com/celebs/hilary-duff-in-paige-premium-2/). I feel like I've seen here wear them quite a bit. I think grey jeans in a skinny fit (slim fitting silohuette is key) can definitely be another great wardrobe staple. A safe bet is to pair your skinnies with other neutrals such as a blacks and whites like Hilary does in the link above.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...