January 27, 2011

Fancy Pants: Colored Denim

image scanned from Elle
I've always been a fan of colored denim with it's ability to put an unexpected, campy twist on an otherwise classic staple.  However, an example of going too far in this area is when you're 18 years-old and think it's cool to buy pale pink, flared cords and wear them around campus your freshman year while still trying to establish your reputation amongst popped collar, Lilly Pulitzer clad peers.  That was a mistake.  Anywho, with the advent of Spring we'll be seeing bubble-gum hued skinnies that are best paired with men's shirting and nautical stripes for a fresh, preppy vibe.  

2 comments:

  1. haha I had pink flared cords my freshman year too. I distinctly remember wearing them for rush and thinking they were soooo good-looking. On the other hand, I also had a long suede coat that was completely lined on the inside with white fake fur from top to bottom. If I had to choose to wear one of these in public again, I would choose...the suede coat- I'd turn it inside out and go as Big Foot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good lord I remember the Lilly phase. Luckily, I was not a part of it. Unfortunately, tie dye and bell bottoms are not much better. I may just have to go buy a pair of salmon denim :) thanks for the tip Kel!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...