April 11, 2011

beach bound


marahoffmankaftan



One Summer during College I decided to become a lifeguard.  I had no real desire to save lives or to enforce general safety at our local community pool, but was more interested in getting a tan, hanging out with my friends, eating Choco Tacos and subsequently getting paid for it.  However, as opening day loomed before me I realized something - I would be parading around my pool in front of my fellow peers (one of whom was potential dating material) and I was no where near swimsuit ready.  I panicked.  And lo and behold it was from shear fear and anxiety that I actually got into great shape for the Summer.  That turned out to be an absolute fluke.   The following semester I went abroad and gained 20 lbs and my love handleless Summer faded further into the background.  As I reflect on that time I'm trying to stir up that same mind-numbing fear and piercing anxiety since I just booked a ticket to Florida and have only weeks to get myself together.  I'm hoping that that same panic will aid me in more miles on the treadmill and less glasses of pinot grigio.  That's healthy, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...