December 5, 2010

holiday gift guide under $50

Tray for the hostess

coasters for the neat freak
2011 desk calender for your anal retentive friend
 

whiskey stones for your favorite lush





OK, so I have to be honest - I dislike Christmas.  I mean don't get me wrong, I like the whole idea of Christmas, but this whole gift-giving thing puts me on edge.  Maybe that's why I like Halloween so much because there are basically 2 clearly defined objectives: number 1 is buying candy for kids that you don't know and number 2 is either making or purchasing a costume that either reflects our society at the time (i.e. Snooki) or being a sexy (insert occupation or animal here).  With Christmas there are just way too many variables that exist.  For example, how can I buy my mom an unbelievable and truly original gift in order to surpass my sister's gift to her, and at the same time buy my sister a gift that puts her gift to me to shame while executing this all under a reasonable budget.  It's so exhausting.  So with that being said, I've scoped out a few presents that all fall within the $50 price range.  Of course, this is the tip of the iceberg, but my whole new approach to Christmas shopping is to buy a ridiculous amount of presents for cheap that way you can afford to give people multiple gifts and they're bound to eventually like something you give them!  I think this makes perfect sense.  Happy holiday hunting!  


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...