December 30, 2010

a new year

American Ballet Theatre

Gold Fringe Wall

Ashley Meaders via Designsponge

Elle Russia
It's been about 2 years since I've celebrated a "proper" new years meaning that I used to spend the evening at some overrated and overpopulated venue downtown when I lived in New York.  Clad in a too short Alice + Olivia dress and towering heels my friends and I used to dance the night away barely pausing to take notice of the broadcast of the ball dropping just blocks north of us.  Although I may have traded the city for the mountains out west and sequined frocks for a Patagonia I still think of New Year's Eve as glamourous and fantastical (yes, I still buy into the hype, but I don't care).  Regardless of your plans for the night I'm wishing everyone a happy new year a day early as I'll be too busy embarassing myself tomorrow on the slopes to post.  Hope it's a good one!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...