March 14, 2011

into the blue



I was actually getting my life together today and organizing my closet when my somewhat anal retentive self began hanging clothes from darkest to lightest (within their corresponding categories of course).  2 Diet Cokes and a bit of perspiration later I realized that I had done just what I sought out to accomplish, but noticed that my "colors" ranged from the darkest shade of cream to the lightest.  A few random pieces of black and red (if I was looking to get crazy) hung intermittently in between.  I realized that although I might preach about color it is completely void in my wardrobe.  I mainly shy away from color and stick to the basics, but I've now become bored with the same old formula.  So now I am fully concentrating on introducing some pop colors into my life and thought I might start with the ultramarine and cerulean blues that are so abundant in the market.  This is really uncharted territory because my closet has never seen the cool end of the spectrum since elementary school when I was dressed in every color of the rainbow.  Wish me luck.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...