February 6, 2012

Wu-ed by Target


    It was a chilly Sunday morning in February.  I awoke unusually early giddy with anticipation.  Throwing on Lululemon capris, a down puffer and running shoes (comfortable clothing and footwear would be of the up-most importance) I headed to Target for the premier of Jason Wu for Target.  I had been prepping for this moment for weeks - lifting weights in case it came down to hand-to-hand combat over a pleated chiffon skirt, and chugging Gatorade and downing protein bars for endurance.  Actually, no I had decided the night before that I would give it a go because usually I'm the schmuck who ends up horribly overpaying on ebay for designer collaborations from H&M and Target (i.e. conscious collection and Cynthia Vincent).
    Sick and tired of being sick and tired I headed to the store about 15 min prior to opening and I have to say I had really underestimated my fellow Mid-westerners and was not expecting a line that long (and yes, we were all clad in our capris and running shoes.)  Now anxiety-ridden due to the large crowd I filed in (OK, sprinted - I got caught up in the moment) once the doors opened,  I have to say that I was fairly impressed with the collection and felt a sense of satisfaction leaving the store this morning with my spoils in hand knowing that I wouldn't have to troll ebay and pay twice the price for my $34 stripe tee.  All in all it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...